2019 Ranger Raptor Review - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

2019 Ranger Raptor Review

CarAdvice just dropped their video review of the brand new Ranger Raptor. Overall they seemed pretty impressed with it, aside from the engine not really having the punchiness you'd expect at freeway speeds. Ford's brand new Baja mode looks like an absolute riot. It does look like the Ranger Raptor has had to sacrifice towing capacity with the Fox Shox setup however, only being capable of around 2,500lbs. The main criticism was around its price and the fact it's lacking tech that's pretty standard throughout the industry such as AEB, and ACC.

Last edited by Rowan; 07-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 04:17 PM

Not surprised that this bi turbo engine doesn't have much punch at higher speeds. One of my first concerns with this model was its lackluster powertrain. Its main selling point is its off road capability and incredible suspension setup. I bet we'll see a more refined version for NA.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Not surprised that this bi turbo engine doesn't have much punch at higher speeds. One of my first concerns with this model was its lackluster powertrain. Its main selling point is its off road capability and incredible suspension setup. I bet we'll see a more refined version for NA.
Its Ford saying "yeah we know most of you drive these on pavement"

At the end of the day these will sell and its off-road woes will be resolved by mostly aftermarket means. Unfortunate but thank the many owners that buy purpose built vehicles for a completely different purpose
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it's highly unlikely that anyone buying the RR is ever going to get the opportunity to take it through sand dunes or off of jumps. But nowadays people simply pay for the capability, regardless of it being something they'll ever end up using.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Yeah it's highly unlikely that anyone buying the RR is ever going to get the opportunity to take it through sand dunes or off of jumps. But nowadays people simply pay for the capability, regardless of it being something they'll ever end up using.
Ford is getting to a point where they should organize something for owners to take part in.
BMW already does it with advanced driving programs and randomly you find events from car makers like Acura.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM

The vast majority of Wrangler owners never take their vehicle off road, but that doesn't stop FCA from updating its off road capability. Pricing is getting a little carried away on those models imo though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Thanks for sharing Ford trucks are my all time fav especially the raptor series we are running a towing company in Manhattan towing service, we have around 15 trucks some are GMC truck and others are Ford, i also like the GMC but ford has aggression and monster look.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page