Cheaper Raptor lookalike- Storm Concept - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Cheaper Raptor lookalike- Storm Concept

Ford debuted a new Ranger concept in Brazil dubbed the Storm. It features many of the aggressive styling cues found on the Raptor model, but it produces a bit less power and torque. It uses a 5 cylinder diesel that produces 197hp and 346lb-ft of torque. Not sure what the odds of it being offered in the U.S.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:38 PM

Fortunately its seems that Ford Accessories and Ford Performance divisions can fill in where the Ford Vehicle brand might fall short. Personally i'm looking forward to what they'll deliver
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM

I think its a safe bet that anything that's being unveiled with a diesel will be Euro exclusive. Alike what we've seen with the T6 however, there will probably be some similar aftermarket grilles made available to NA customers.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

The new Yakima partnership should vastly improve the base Rangers aftermarket catalogue. Haven't seen any mention of grilles of as yet but owners could also consider importing.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:05 PM

Yakima is a big player that should inspire others to also get involved.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 PM

I have come across some third party raptor style grilles up on eBay, though I have no idea what their quality is like. Most of them seem to be for the F150, but I'll keep an eye out for Ranger products.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I have come across some third party raptor style grilles up on eBay, though I have no idea what their quality is like. Most of them seem to be for the F150, but I'll keep an eye out for Ranger products.
If you're like most of us that keep these far from challenging off-road conditions or don't have to worry about hitting deer, then even the cheapest build grille will do.
There is however the rare chance that one is built so poorly that extreme weather conditions will crack them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Owners of the T6 overseas have been doing this grille swap for years now. Though most of them take things a step further with aftermarket hoods and extended fender flares.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page