2019 Ranger Raptor Design Discussion - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

2019 Ranger Raptor Design Discussion

Unfortunately, for now, we have just a few spied photos of a Ranger Raptor.

I was expecting to see a shorter version of Raptor, but it seems to be almost as big as 2018 F-150, which is good.
So pissed that grille is covered, it's one of the most important parts of the Raptor for me.

Anyways want to hear how members here rate this "hidden" design.

Oh, and also if you will find some new leaked photos please feel free to upload them here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford-ranger-raptor-spy-photos-05.jpg (551.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ford-ranger-raptor-spy-photos-06.jpg (476.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ford-ranger-raptor-spy-photos-01.jpg (751.4 KB, 2 views)
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 12:55 PM

Assuming it takes after the regular Ranger, the Raptor version's grille could be shaped like this. Jalopnik got this picture from someone who claims to be working on the new Rangerís grille bezels.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 03:10 PM

It almost seems like a size of trucks that inbetween the Avalanche and Tacoma although given the segment this ranger should sit in, odds are its much closer to the Tacoma.
Tacoma for reference:

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehistoric View Post
Assuming it takes after the regular Ranger, the Raptor version's grille could be shaped like this. Jalopnik got this picture from someone who claims to be working on the new Rangerís grille bezels.

That's what I expected to see. We already saw a few renderings with the same grille frame.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 04:26 PM

Depending on how many markets Ford plans to sell this Raptor in, it could mean higher odds of us seeing some attractive aftermarket options. It's even something that regular Ranger owners could look into as well.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:41 PM

There's always going to be people who prefer steel everywhere, but I'm fine with more aluminium and composite materials being used. That's the case with the new Ranger Raptor from what composites manufacturing magazine is saying. Composite technology has come a long way and they're pretty sturdy and reliable so why not use more to reduce overall weight?

Quote:
ďUsing composite materials, the front fenders not only look tough, but resist dents and dings often associated with off-road usage.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM

Yeah seeing as how the grill set up looks to be of similar size/shape on the regular Ranger, I think we'll see a good bit of people swapping it for the Raptor variant. I've seen many of the Australian Rangers take this approach, and it makes a pretty significant difference in the front fascia of the truck. I wonder if the package that you go for makes any difference in what the front grill is made out of it, or if its merely a different finish (ie chrome, sport, lariat)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 04:40 AM

I can see that happening and in addition to that due to how much of these could sell there is probably a market for aftermarket parts makers to create a raptor style grille of their own for much cheaper than an OEM raptor grille. That is something i would consider.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 12:21 PM

If the Ranger Raptor is anything like the F-150 Raptor, then we won't see all that many exterior indicators aside from a badge and small decal here and there. Which is where the aftermarket comes in with unique grilles and claw mark decals for the pickup bed.
Maybe similar to this:
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehistoric View Post
If the Ranger Raptor is anything like the F-150 Raptor, then we won't see all that many exterior indicators aside from a badge and small decal here and there. Which is where the aftermarket comes in with unique grilles and claw mark decals for the pickup bed.
Maybe similar to this:
Claw marks is sooooo Gen 1 Raptor.....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page