Ford drops full off road specs - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Ford drops full off road specs

Ford has finally confirmed how the Raptor variant of the Ranger differs from the base model.
- 2.2inches more ground clearance
- 32.5 degree approach angle and 24 degree ramp over and departure angles

For the U.S Ford has also added a new bash plate that is made from 0.9 inch thick high strength steel. The chassis/frame has also being reinforced and it sits approximately 5.9inches wider in track. The specialized Fox shock absorbers and coilover setup have increased front damper travel by 35% and rear travel by 18%.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 11:22 AM

Similar to the F150 Raptor, I doubt that most owners are going to take it off the pavement, but its good to see that they've done proper upfitting. Let's just hope that they can deliver this kit at any affordable price for NA, because I don't think people will be willing to spend much more than $40k on it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Similar to the F150 Raptor, I doubt that most owners are going to take it off the pavement, but its good to see that they've done proper upfitting. Let's just hope that they can deliver this kit at any affordable price for NA, because I don't think people will be willing to spend much more than $40k on it.
Ford knows what works, especially with all the packages they've come out with all these years like the Harley Davidson package and of course the now Raptor package.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

We have seen that Ford has upped the price for the 2019 F150 Raptor, so that could suggest that the Ranger variant was originally going to be priced too closely to it. I know Ford did update some of it's tech with a new suspension setup and crawl control.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page