Chevy's Colorado ZR2 tuned by Holden - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Chevy's Colorado ZR2 tuned by Holden

It looks like following the success of the F150 Raptor, that Holden will be introducing a tune to the Colorado ZR2, to bring it in line with the performance found in Ford's Ranger Raptor. They did not confirm what sort of power outputs we would see in this tune, but its a safe bet that it will be well above the 210hp found in the Ranger. To properly challenge the Raptor, they will also have to make significant improvements to the suspension, brakes and other components as well. We already got a loot at one of their concept vehicles deemed the SportsCat, which had a huge host of upgrades over the base Colorado.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 07:06 AM

Its sad that Ford and GM keep giving markets like Australia products that Americans actually want. When they finally bring those products over they sell well. The Chevy SS and Buick Regal were a couple of them.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Well these variants are made by Holden, which unfortunately is an Australian performance division. The ute segment is vastly more competitive over there, and that's why they see so many aftermarket tuning packages. But even the base ZR2 has an extra 100hp over the upcoming AUS spec'd Ranger Raptor, though it is twin turbocharged.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 12:24 PM

It's not all about power output, as Ford has gone to great lengths to ensure proper off road capability of the Raptor trims. Has there been any mention of a price point for this Holden spec'd ZR2? I can imagine that the it will be priced a good bit higher than the Ranger Raptor.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
It's not all about power output, as Ford has gone to great lengths to ensure proper off road capability of the Raptor trims. Has there been any mention of a price point for this Holden spec'd ZR2? I can imagine that the it will be priced a good bit higher than the Ranger Raptor.
Much like high performing products that launch in Australia and anywhere else that Holden is sold in, it will be very expensive. I believe the last Commodore had a trim that cost 10-15% more than the Chevy SS we got in America. Safe to say that Colorado follows a similar price structure.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

The Holden variants are well worth the additional money, but I don't really know what sort of warranty they are sold with? Does anyone have an idea? Wouldn't want to lose powertrain coverage with this conversion.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:00 PM

FCA has a warranty model that supports approved high aftermarket parts so it shouldn't be too hard for GM to adopt something similar.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:05 PM

Holden vehicles come with a 3 year/100,000km factory warranty, so you want have to worry about any repairs. I believe they even offer extended packages that go all the way up to 175,000km.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:36 PM

I doubt that will last for long because if Hyundai was a good example of what might happen, Holden won't be nearly as attractive once more advanced vehicles roll around.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page