Towing Capacity - 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Towing Capacity

Speaking of the new Ranger Raptor's towing capacity, I decided to do a little research about previous models' numbers. That's what I found out:

2017 FORD RAPTOR SUPER CAB

Maximum payload weight: 1,000 lbs

Maximum trailer weight: 6,000 lbs (with a weight distributing hitch, see table below).

GCWR: 12,000 lbs

2017 FORD RAPTOR SUPER CREW CAB

Maximum payload weight: 1,200 lbs

Maximum trailer weight: 8,000 lbs (with a weight distributing hitch, see table below).

GCWR: 14,250 lbs

We can see that previous model had great results in towing, however, the question about the upcoming model is still in the air.

From the introduction video, we can notice that new Raptor looks bit smaller than 2017 Ford Raptor. If they going to focus their attention on off-road specs, I'm pretty sure that Raptor's towing capacity should be lower than 2017 model, but what numbers are we talking about? What do you think?

Last edited by Round 1; 10-27-2017 at 02:29 PM.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:02 PM

A towing rate of around 6,000 lbs for off-road performance pickups may be the average for Super Cabs. We can look at the other Raptors that Ford has and it's around 6k as well, namely the F-150 Raptor. Which if fine since the people buying these trucks aren't doing so for a daily workhorse.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Already the Ranger sold overseas gets about 7700 LBS towing capacity which already exceeds what most people need. Compared to one of its best selling rivals, the Tacoma, its just under 1000LBS ahead and often that's enough to make someone want a Ranger over the Tacoma.

As a Raptor I won't expect anything too far away from the 8000 LBS range.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

If Raptor will come to the American market and I'll buy it, the maximum what I'll tow is my Cross bike and its trailer which is pretty light. Though, I'm not sure yet if my bike will fit in the Raptor's bed.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM

Not bad and I think what we will find is that most owners in this segment have minimal towing needs that get up to maybe 70% of what this vehicle and the rest in its segment is rated for.
Most people that need more often go upsegment to the F150 anyways.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page